Friday, November 4, 2011

Yes, it's been a Month!

Okay I know, I know. I’ve been a slacker and left you all hanging on the mice situation! Needless to say I got a little wrapped up in school and haven’t made time to attend to my blossoming blog, but I will from now own so don’t you fret.
Update:
After the pressing weeks of trying to catch the mice we eventually caught two. But then before I went to bed I kept hearing scratchy noises that were awfully close to my bed, not in the walls scratching but in my general vicinity. I called in my roommates and we all looked at each other  puzzled and knowing there was nothing anyone could do I just went back to bed, not easily I might add. I was restless at the thought I might have a plus 1 in my room. Then, I was awoken at 3AM to my puppy Henna, pawing at my face and biting at my nose to wake me up. She was really spooked, so that in turn spooked me because she doesn’t get all hyper like that at night, usually she’s passed out not to be bothered until my alarm goes off. So my first thought is holy crap there’s a mouse in my room so I preceded to freak, throw my covers and bam little grey mouse flies out of my COMFORTER and onto the floor. At this point I’m about to lose my marbles so I run with Henna in tow out of my room as fast as I could leaving both the adjoining doors from my bedroom to the laundry room open and closed the door from the laundry room to the kitchen. I slept on the couch that night and was very hesitant to go back in the next morning, but I had to and there was no sign of the mouse. I am thinking it was hungry and I had Dog treats underneath my night stand so that is what it was going for. Little mongrel. The next morning I (exhaustedly) called every pest control company in the greater Kittitas area, and WHEW the price for pest removal is ridiculous! Just for anyone to come out and assess the situation, look for where the mice might have come out of and fill the holes was about $250-300. They also said they would lay traps and come to collect them if we caught anything, my though was “okay so I’m paying you this much money to set the traps and pick up the dead mice—which I’ve already accomplished to do? Twice I might add.”    As much as I didn’t want to, I knew we had to do it so I called Orkin which seemed to have the best deal. But TIP: They snag you with the cheaper price but what they don’t explain is that you have to have them come back every month for “maintenance” which may not actually be needed so make sure they clarify what you are actually signing up for. Needless to say we didn’t even make it to that part, I scheduled an appointment for later that day, missing a class to sit and wait during the 3-5 window, and NO ONE SHOWED. The way Orkin dispatches is you call the main company they pawn out to their local people and bam someone comes-in my case BAM no one came. So after 5 phone calls and NO on returning my calls I was a bit peeved. Although, Days passed after and we have not heard, nor seen another mouse since catching the two and the mouse in the bed incident, so maybe it was a good thing I didn’t spend all that money, maybe it was a sign that they didn’t show up! We however have the traps out just in case, but I’m pretty positive the remaining mouse went for higher waters—I hope at least!
Until my next venture that will hopefully benefit me in the future,because the husband and the kids may not want to deal with an unwanted visitor so who else is going to do it?
Cam 
Superwoman-In-Training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment