Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thoughts in passing...

After my hellish day of unending interviews, running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and feeling like my brain is scrambled eggs, knowing that I still have a laundry list miles long left to do, I realized another day has gone by that I'll never get back. I never stopped to smell the roses or take time to breath and appreciate what I have. 


I know that one day it won't be Spanish homework or comedy show sketches that will be occupying my time. It'll be salaries, mortgage payments, dinner and diapers I'll be responsible for. But the dinner and diapers doesn't scare me as much as losing this, this life right now, in this moment. 

I thought about what my life is like now and how in 10 years from now, I'll be reminiscing about my college years...the hours of homework and editing footage, interviewing (which hopefully I'm still doing) feeling like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders? 

No, I'll remember the feeling I get when I see my opening turn on NewsWatch, my name written on the by-lines of a story in a magazine or newspaper, the sense of relief I feel when I finished a story.  


I want the future to come so fast and I look forward to it so much, that I fly by everyday like a storm, not stopping to smell the roses sometimes. 


So maybe writing it all down, saying what I'm feeling, thinking, keeping bottled up,maybe this is enough to remind myself that I'll never get this back--so just live. 


In the words of fight club, this is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.


-Cam


No comments:

Post a Comment