Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bring on the Waterworks!

So as a BIG fan of onions, garlic, anything hot enough to make your eyes water and other assorted foods that make you cry (and or smell funny...totally worth it though!)  I knew there has to be something to make it easier on the consumer of these not-so-nice to your eye foods--Main exhibit ONIONS






 I mean everything has a shortcut these days right? Like remote vacuum's (like pushing one is so hard), Clappers (get up and turn off the light) and the beer helmet (because holding 2 beers would be so hard, gotta have at least one hand free for activities) 


SIDENOTE: since I've gone a total tangent already check this website out 19 Clever Inventions That Make Life Easier it's hilarious, I can't choose which is my favorite but I do love Crime Scene Towel and Banana Guard




Okay...enough back to the Onions!


I've discovered that if you chew peppermint gum while you're cutting the most potent of onions, your eyes don't water! 


You can cut an entire onion and not shed one tear (that will leave more for other occasions!). Now you actually have to chew pretty frequently, when I tested this theory today I found myself chewing faster if you feel the burn start to come on. I really hope you got a mental picture of me this afternoon cooking... Whether or not that actually helps I don't know, but that's where YOU come in because I might just be a weirdo who goes through too much Orbit when I cook! 


Try it out--Please let me know if it works for you, if it does, it's a lifesaver! 







Cam 
Superwoman-In-Training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment